Just a cup of coffee, and a collection of thoughts from a pastor's wife.
1. Just to clear the air, not all the stories told from the pulpit are how I remember them. Somehow the Lord has a funny way of making pastors' remember stories in an unusual way to tell a fantastic story. It is a gift really. But when you look at my face or wonder what I am thinking because you can't believe my husband just told that story. Next time remember, I may or may not be hearing it for the first time, just like you.
2. You may have chose a better pastor's wife in all your expectations of who you think a pastor's wife should or shouldn't be. But God chose the perfect one to shepherd, lead, and love the sheep along side her husband.
3. Just because I am serving in one area at church does not mean this is my particular gift. Sometimes pastors' and pastors' wives have a lot of roles and jobs until leaders step up and serve in those particular areas. Give us a little more grace if we don't seem like we know what we are doing.
4. I don't have the bible memorized, I don't play the piano, and sometimes I'm not very social. Guess what, my husband doesn't mind it, God knows it, and you shouldn't count on it. If we all dropped the expectations we subconsciously place on each other, this thing we call life just might get a hair easier.
5. If you think we know what we are doing, think again. Most the time we have sermons, worship, events, services, and such planned out. But half the time, even though they are planned, we still don't know what we are doing. Thankfully we serve a God that has an idea, and we just want to obey and follow His leading in faith, even if we don't always know what step to take.
6. You probably won't always like the choices the pastor and pastor's wife make. And, that is ok. Continually pray for them, and trust God has a plan in the choices they do make. Sometimes they may not always make the right choice, and that's ok too. They are continually learning and growing in different seasons. The way we grow a lot of the time is through trial and error.
7. The pastor and pastor's wife are huge targets to the enemy. Pray pray pray for them. Encourage them, and always lift up their spirits with kind words. Treat them. Bless them. And if you are close to the pastor and his family, protect them. Protect them from the enemies arrows, and hurtful words that you hear said in the church. Always speak of them with honor and respect.
xo a girl who sleeps with the pastor