Several pastors' wives have contacted me over the past couple of weeks about finding other pastors' wives as confidantes that they can pray for, lift each other up, and encourage. Someone they can tell their struggles, pain, joy, and burdens to. We all need someone we can talk to, and so often it is easiest finding someone who is in our role as a pastor's wife as well.
I found my confidante a year ago, and although she isn't a pastor's wife, her and her husband's roles were very similar to that of a pastor. I cannot express to you how important to our ministries as pastors' wives it is to have someone God has brought into your life to relate to, encourage, cry, and pray for one another. We were never meant to carry our burdens in solitude. God designed us to need Him, and often He speaks through others to lift our spirit.
Here are a couple ways to find your confidante.
1. Pray for her! Trust me, you have a confidante, you just haven't found each other yet.
2. Examine the women in your life and pray God gives you clarity whether she is one of them or not.
3. Meet more pastors' wives. We so often put each other on pedestals, and are terrified of telling each other we are less than perfect and struggle. We fear the other will look down on us, and condemn us. However, drop the enemy's lies, and realize we are all walking through seasons, and we all have "our stuff."
4. Make social media a friend. There are plenty of pastors' wives groups that are designed to encourage and unite us together.
5. Repeat 1. over and over. James 5:16 says, Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
I am praying for all of you pastor's wives across this nation, that if you haven't found your confidante yet. That God would align your paths soon. That your heart will be ready and open to "get real" with her, and allow God to speak through her into your life.
xo a girl who sleeps with the pastor
(Don't forget this is the last day to enter the 6 for 6 GIVEAWAY)