Pastors' wives you are an amazing group of women. You by far have the hardest job in the church, and that is putting up with us pastors. Somehow, you do that with such grace and love. As you know all too well, pastors are not perfect…far from it.
Here are 6 things I would like to thank you for on behalf of all your husbands (pastors.)
1. Being grounded in faith when the devil makes us (pastors) doubt.
2. Keeping us (pastors) from making a lot of bone headed mistakes.
3. Always reminding us (pastors) we are not that COOL.
4. Talking us (pastors) off the cliff when Monday comes and we want to quit.
5. Standing by us (pastors) when people walk away.
6. Knowing the real us (pastors) and still loving us anyways.
You are called to be Jesus to a church that might not ever understand what it is like to be YOU. So thank you for all you do for us and the church. We don’t tell you ladies enough, but we really could not do this without you. In you, is the power to make or break a pastor and a church.
Thank you for loving us and the church with such love and grace. You have purpose where God has placed you, and it does not go unnoticed.
a guy who sleeps with the pastor's wife, Jim Florea