Take Care of Yourself
One thing I have learned over the years of ministry is I must take care of myself in order to be the best pastor's wife I can be. Not only the best pastor's wife, but the best mom, friend, and wife in general. I have my best days when I feed myself with the things I love and need.
We can't expect others to take care of our needs and wants. We must take care of our lives.
Here a a few ways to set up your days for success.
1. Pray in the morning that God uses you and shapes you for the day to be the wife you need to be to your husband, the mom you need to be to your kids, and the friend you need to be to those around you.
2. Map out all of your -to dos- ahead of time. And give yourself a break if you don't get something done.
3. Have time set aside on a regular basis you do something you love. Such as read a book, craft, sew. Anything that brings you happiness.
4. Have quiet time with your Savior daily. Seek him, find him, and let him lavish you in love.
5. Intentionally get rid of all distractions that keep you from doing 1-4. Social media, iPhones, television. These can be time wasters, and before you know it, you haven't accomplished what you wanted for the day and you have ignored your kids more than you should have. These time wasters if you allow them can ruin your day.
6. See Jesus in everything you do.
7. Read the word. We cannot live off bread alone, but God's word will bring freedom and satisfy our souls where nothing else can.
Ladies, join me in starting to take care of ourselves. Lets dedicate the next thirty days to taking care of ourselves, and keeping one another accountable. Snap a picture and instagram it with the hashtag #ISWTPchallenge
xo a girl who sleeps with the pastor